This is an amazing opportunity to be engaged in the election process!
The Department of Elections is searching for Language translation professionals to support the following languages: Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese. This job posting will be used to fill multiple short term temporary positions to support the Language Services Program. These individuals must be able to read, write and understand at the language proficiency testing level used by the Department.
These positions will translate and proof documents and web materials in Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese; conduct research, and provide administrative support to other election work groups as needed during elections. These positions are expected to begin on June 1, 2021 and last approximately one month.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Translate or proof election-related documents and web materials to Spanish, Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese including but not limited to: voter registration information, letters and other correspondence to Limited English Proficiency (LEP) voters including, notice of elections, ballot titles and voters’ pamphlet information, candidate statements, ballot measures, resolutions and related materials.
• Review, edit and proofread all translated documents produced by translation service providers and others for accuracy, clarity and consistency.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
• Fluency in English, including written and verbal communication and understanding of grammar.
• Must be able to read, write and understand one of the following 4 languages at the department’s language proficiency testing level: Spanish, Korean, Chinese or Vietnamese.
• High level of language experience including interpreting, reading and writing into one of the 4 languages (Candidates will be tested to determine translation skills).
• Office and computer skills including the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook. (Candidates will be tested on office and computer skills.)
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to follow direction.
• Flexibility in the workplace and with weekly schedule.
• Professional experience translating technical, legal, educational and/or political documents from English into one of the 4 languages.
Visit www.kingcounty.gov/jobs to see the full job description and to apply.
Go To Source