This is an amazing opportunity to be engaged in the election process! The Department of Elections – is searching for energetic and resourceful professionals who like to “get stuff done”. The Administrative Specialist II positions in the Election Services Division combine an exciting, fast-paced environment with the opportunity to cultivate talents and apply a variety of skills. The ideal candidate will have a desire to help ensure the democratic process through public service. They will thrive in an innovative environment and will not hesitate to roll up both sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
King County Elections (KCE) manages voter registrations and elections for more than 1.3 million voters in King County, the largest vote-by-mail county in the United States. KCE’s mission is to conduct fair, open and accurate elections. As a leader in providing inclusive elections, KCE is focused on three key priorities – (1) actively identifying and working to remove barriers to voting at both the individual and community level, (2) strengthening relationships with community and governmental partners, and (3) creating a culture of professional growth and development, openness and inclusion. Learn more at www.kingcounty.gov/elections.aspx .
Work Schedule: This position is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is overtime eligible. The workweek is typically 35 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We require the flexibility to work additional hours during peak periods of the Election cycle that may occur outside of typical business hours.
Materials Required to Apply: A completed online King County employment application at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs and a Resume and Cover Letter is required with your submission. The cover letter should describe how your skills and experience meet or exceed the requirements of the job.
King County Elections believes in working in a very agile working environment. Creating a team that delivers now and in the future is very important. There may be various job duties that you could be assigned to including:
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers in person, via telephone, and via e-mail by processing voter registrations, communicating election
program information and explaining election procedures, guidelines and regulations.
• Perform production-level computer work which includes accurate data entry and retrieving and editing records.
• Organize and coordinate work activities and assist with providing training and one-onone instruction to diverse staff.
• Provide assistance with ballot delivery including proofing Voter’s Pamphlets and ballots.
• Set up records and file documents in both electronic and paper formats.
• Review documents for proper format, accuracy, completion, eligibility, and other legal guidelines.
• Utilize spreadsheets, word documents and reports to track and document performance data.
• Research and resolve questions from staff, citizens and stakeholders.
• Document and improve work processes, procedures and instructions.
• Assist with ballot collection by accompanying a driver to empty ballots from ballot drop boxes and securely transport them back to the elections office.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
• Attention to detail and proofreading skills.
• Ability to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the position.
• Commitment to providing excellent verbal and written customer service to everyone. This can be demonstrated through establishing and maintaining effective relationships, and building rapport with a variety of people through active, attentive listening, and respect for differing backgrounds and points of view.
• Demonstrated comfort with the use of personal computers, email and electronic record filing systems to create correspondence and spreadsheets, send and receive information, access and analyze data, and develop reports and outreach materials.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow directions with strict rules and regulations.
• Ability to gain knowledge of elections terminology.
• Ability to stand or sit for periods of time as required.
• Ability to bend, kneel, stand, reach, climb, stoop, squat, lift and/or move 25 lbs. of ballots.
Desired Qualifications:• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Word, Excel, SharePoint, and MS Teams.
• Initiative in taking on new tasks and projects.
• Familiarity with diverse communities and direct community based or customer service-based experience is preferred.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Go To Source