This is an amazing opportunity to be engaged in the election process! The Department of Elections is recruiting a Ballot Collection Lead for the Elections Services Division. Under the direction of the Ballot Collection & Logistics Supervisor, this position will provide logistical support for ballot collection, fleet, and warehouse tasks and lead processes, projects and temporary staff. With over 70 ballot drop box locations throughout King County, this is a work group that continues to grow and evolve. This is a great opportunity for a detail oriented person with warehouse/receiving, data entry and strong interpersonal skills.
WHO WE ARE: King County Elections (KCE) manages voter registrations and elections for more than 1.4 million voters in King County, the largest vote-by-mail county in the United States. KCE’s mission is to conduct fair, open and accurate elections. As a leader in providing inclusive elections, KCE is focused on three key priorities – (1) actively identifying and working to remove barriers to voting at both the individual and community level, (2) strengthening relationships with community and governmental partners, and (3) creating a culture of professional growth and development, openness and inclusion. Learn more at www.kingcounty.gov/elections.aspx .
The Department of Elections is searching for an energetic and resourceful professional who likes to “get stuff done”. The Ballot Collection Lead position in the Elections Department combines an exciting, fast-paced environment with the opportunity to cultivate talents and apply a variety of skills. The ideal candidate will thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment and will not hesitate to roll up both sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified applicants. The most competitive applicants will be contacted for further steps in the selection process.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible. The workweek is typically 35 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Position is expected to be able to work during sudden changes to schedule that may include early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays during designated election times. Mandatory overtime (including weekends or evenings) will be required during elections and other peak work periods.
REQUIRED MATERIALS: A completed online King County employment Application at www.kingcounty.gov/jobs and a Resume and Cover Letter are required and should be attached before submitting your application. The cover letter should describe how your skills and experience meet or exceed the requirements of the job.
King County Elections believes in working in a very agile working environment. Creating a team that delivers now and in the future is very important. There may be various job duties that you could be assigned to including:
• Using established expectations and measurement guidelines, assist in developing the expected returns forecast and propose staffing and ballot collection methods for each election.
• Distribute work load among short term temporary employees, provide direction and training and monitor the quality and completion of work.
• Assist in establishing work methods and recommending changes in work load and procedures to improve work processes.
• Organize and coordinate work activities, assist in employee selection, and provide input on the performance of staff.
• Provide direction to driving teams and drop box closers, including assigning teams, training and dispatching workgroups, ballot security during transit, and troubleshooting emergent issues.
• Assist with drop box collection and closing needs including box integrity and maintenance, election night security and supplies.
• Interpret established policies, procedures, and regulations to employees and customers.• Research and resolve questions, problems, or inquiries from staff, citizens, and stakeholders.
• May also provide assistance with ballot delivery, proofing the Voter’s pamphlet, performing data entry, retrieving and editing records, and providing excellent customer service.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
• Experience providing oversight to a diverse group of workers in a team focused environment.
• Demonstrated ability to provide excellent verbal and written communication including instruction, training, and feedback.
• Work experience that includes maintaining and tracking data, data analysis, and designing and maintaining data sources.
• Experience presenting information to large diverse audiences.
• Demonstrated ability maintaining a professional demeanor and providing timely and reliable customer service preferably in a public environment.
• Demonstrated skill in handling stressful situations effectively while maintaining composure.
• Experience maintaining confidentiality, while sharing the right information with the appropriate people.
• Demonstrated ability managing quickly changing priorities and quickly changing information. Ability to assess the need for a change of course and then implement the adjustment clearly and decisively.
• Experience in problem solving, research, analysis and assessing information requiring initiative and a self-starter.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals in a team environment.
• Demonstrated comfort with the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, email and electronic record filing systems to create correspondence and spreadsheets, send and receive information, access and analyze data, and develop reports and outreach materials.
• Knowledge and proficient use of routing or logistical software (Marshall GIS LiGo, ESRI Workforce, etc.).
• Experience with Microsoft Office SharePoint and Teams.• Experience with dispatch processes.
• Working knowledge of election operations.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation
Go To Source