In this position, you will provide regulatory compliance oversight and enforcement of Oregon election law. You will oversee and perform tasks associated with one or more of the Elections Division’s program areas including, but not limited to: voters’ pamphlet, candidates, conduct of elections, initiative, referendum, referrals, campaign finance, and investigations.
This is achieved in part by, but not limited to:
- Serving as a subject matter expert and collaborating with team members for programs related to Voters’ Pamphlet and Initiatives, Referendum, and Referrals.
- Interpreting and applying state and federal laws, administrative rules, policies, and procedures, to help the division and external customers comply.
- Preparing trainings and informational materials to present internally and to external customers.
- Analyzing current statutes and proposing legislative changes, including drafting program related legislative concepts.
- Monitoring pertinent bills during legislative session, attending legislative hearings, as well as researching and preparing documents to be used in legislative testimony, sometimes on short notice.
- Drafting, reviewing, and updating program related policies, administrative rules, directives, and procedure manuals to meet both state and federal constitutional and statutory mandates.
- Drafting, reviewing, and updating internal program related standard operating procedures and provide direction to staff on those procedures.
- Serving as program related subject matter expert for electronic applications and systems to support other subject matter experts: including the Oregon Elections System for Tracking and Reporting (ORESTAR), the Oregon Centralized Voter Registration System, and case management databases and assisting other team members.
- Responding to requests for information including formal public record requests, in coordination with the public records program.
- Testifying at legal proceedings as subject matter expert.
- Coordinating with the Department of Justice on cases involving criminal allegations.
- Providing information, data, and evidence to assist with investigations.
Go To Source