Are you looking to be more involved in your community? Do you have a passion for learning? Are you ready to be a part of democracy in the making? If so, get ready to roll up your sleeves and become a part of history! The Wake County Board of Elections is currently seeking an Early Voting Specialist to join our dynamic and talented Early Voting Team. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator who thrives in a fast paced, ever changing work environment. They will have a clear understanding of the commonly accepted instructional design models, know what is takes to be a behind the scenes designer, and have a strong visual sense and excellent project management skills.
The Early Voting Specialist will also assist with planning and management of Early Voting. This includes logistics, such as identifying and inspecting potential voting sites, communicating with facility staff, scheduling election service vendors, and managing voting site support operations. In addition, they will assist in the physically demanding work of setting up Early Voting sites.
What will you do as an Early Voting Specialist?
- Develop and design training material for election workers, including classroom presentations, manuals, quick reference guides, workbooks, training videos, and e-learning modules
- Teach training classes via Zoom or in person at the Board of Elections Operations Center
- Monitor and assess election law changes and incorporate the changes into Early Voting site procedures
- Identify training needs and solutions, collaborate with team members on best practices, develop training assessments, and implement changes in response to the assessments
- Manage the logistics of early voting training, including recruiting and training classroom instructors, scheduling classroom facilities, recruiting and supervising training assistants, and preparing training budget needs
- Manage the Learning Management System through user interface design, user record management, course creation, and uploading of SCORM packages
- Develop high level design documents, storyboards, audio narration scripts, status reporting, Q&A and testing plans
- Schedule and design layouts for training facilities
- Develop and design election forms, Precinct Official website, newsletters, assessments, and other communications
- Answer calls on the Early Voting support help line, including training help line staff, managing telephone, website, and live chat support tools, and managing help line staff schedules
- Listen and respond to voter complaints
- Identify innovative training tools and methods to enhance the Early Voting training program
- Assist with Early Voting site management, including scheduling, communication, support, logistics, database management, and site setups
- Assist with election support operations, including answering phone calls at the Precinct Official support help line and performing post-election reconciliation procedures
Portfolios may be required by all applicants who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Go To Source