Summary: Assist in planning and coordinating the computer functions and responsibilities for the Elections Division which includes, but is not limited to: data processing, integrating the statewide voter registration system with county voter registration systems, improve election reporting capabilities; analyzing and resolving technical software issues (25%) for the Division of Elections and 95 county election commission offices, which includes, but is not limited to cybersecurity practices; reviewing and researching regulations, legislation, government codes, and directives relevant to the technical elections operation; including serving as the liaison to the Office of the Comptroller of the Treasury, Local Government; and performing other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the accuracy and timely compliance and security of voter registration data, ballot review and approval, producing and analyzing election-related state and federal reports, maintaining and assist in updating elections mobile app.
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves problems/issues within the voter registration environment.
• Assist in the administration of the Online Voter Registration (OVR) system and processing of records.
• Assist in the design, maintenance and upgrade of election software to approve ballots, review state agency documents of a provisional voter and generate state reports using data collected from the 95 county election commissions.
• Assist in processing the election results in preparation for certification of each election.
• Assist in reviewing voting systems, voter registration software and electronic pollbooks for election integrity and security.
• Validates and tests solutions to ensure the voting requirements are met.
• Validates report results to ensure voting requirements are met.
• Researches, analyzes, and reports on voter information from a variety of sources.
• Assists in the analysis of source systems and development of a logical/voter data model to determine the reporting capability for available data.
• Gathers and identifies the voter information available from various source systems.
• Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server.
• Generates standard or custom reports summarizing voter data for review by Tennessee Coordinator of Elections.
• Develops queries for validation of work outputs and source system confirmation.
• Implements reporting solutions using business intelligence data presentation tools.
• Understands business intelligence concepts and methodologies.
• Monitors the voter data warehouse and business systems performance and integrity.
• Documents use cases to ensure the Voter Intelligence solution meets the business requirements.
• Documents business flows for new and existing systems ensuring long-term maintainability.
• Follows proper configuration management and change controls to promote system stability and to provide an audit trail of modifications.
• Evaluates requests from problem management tracking system.
• Provides assistance to Division of Elections in the generation of ad hoc reports.
• Provide basic PC hardware and software support for 95 county election offices.
Education and Experience
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and two (2) years relevant Information Technology experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certified Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator preferred or able to become certified. DB2 experience helpful.
• Two years’ experience in cybersecurity protection such as PCI, and or HIPPA.
• Must pass a background check for security requirements.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus the State of Tennessee Benefits Package.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the email subject. Position will be posted until filled.
Go To Source