A growing nonpartisan nonprofit working to modernize U.S. democratic institutions against
polarization is seeking a half-time consultant to help lead an issue campaign.
Election Reformers Network (ERN) is a nonpartisan 501c3 advocacy organization founded in
2017 by election experts with extensive reform experience in the U.S. and overseas. ERN
actively supports systemic reforms such as impartial election administration, electoral college
reform, and independent redistricting.
The specialist will assist our Vice President of Programs in building and maintaining
relationships with state-level stakeholders. Key responsibilities will include:
● Preparing analysis of state election administration structures and laws, and of political
landscape for reform
● Self-directed communication and coalition-building with election officials, nonprofit
organizations, and other actors from across the ideological spectrum;
● Tracking and maintaining relationships across multiple states;
● Clearly communicating and distilling complicated information to interested audiences;
● Scheduling remote conference calls and video calls across multiple time zones;
● Providing input on ERN reports, op-eds and other publications.
This role offers a great opportunity to be a part of the solution to the country’s pressing
democracy challenges. ERN is committed to developing election solutions that can gain support
from a wide range of political perspectives; for that reason it is essential that the candidate be
open-minded, non-dogmatic, and skilled at understanding and working with a wide range of
people and perspectives.
The specialist will work remotely, most likely on a half-time basis, though the time frame is open
to discussion. The specialist will report to the Executive Director (based in Newton, MA) and
Vice President of Programs (based in Santa Fe, New Mexico).
Salary commensurate with experience.
EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
● Minimum qualifications:
o Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, or a related field (Master’s or
Law degree preferred)
● The ideal candidate will have at least 8-10 years of experience in one or a combination of
the following areas, ideally in one or more swing states:
o Running a trade or nonprofit association;
o Interacting regularly with state legislators in any capacity;
o Direct responsibility for local, state, or federal issue campaigns
● Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-partisan manner;
● Passion for strengthening American democracy, and a commensurate ability to
understand different political perspectives and work toward broadly supported solutions;
● Flexibility and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team;
● High level of proficiency with cloud-based file sharing;
● Ability to understand and communicate complicated issues, particularly pertaining to
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Election Reformers Network is committed to a diverse workplace, seeking voices and expertise
from people from across the political spectrum. We are committed to equal employment
opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment. ERN makes consultant decisions
based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political
affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of
income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination
based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at ERN. To perform the essential functions of
this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Go To Source