The Missouri Association of County Clerks and Election Authorities (MACCEA) is a professional association of county clerks and election authorities from Missouri’s 116 counties and election authority jurisdictions. MACCEA’s Executive Board is comprised of elected county clerks and appointed election directors whose full-time jobs are to manage county offices, conduct high profile elections, and work in the challenging environment of county government administration. The Board is a volunteer position and officers are elected by the association membership with additional members appointed by the Board President. The new Executive Director position will help the Board better support our membership in their roles as county clerks and election authorities, as well as support the association’s vision, mission, and goals. MACCEA seeks a contract Executive Director with diverse non-profit management, governance, conference planning, and communications experience. The Executive Director reports to the 12-member MACCEA Executive Board. Duties and association management are delegated to the Executive Director by the MACCEA Bylaws and under the direction of the Executive Board.
Routine and recurring work includes:
• In cooperation with the Board President, prepares minutes and agendas for meetings;
• Facilitate logistics (in-person and virtual) for meetings and conferences throughout the year;
• Organize and lead necessary follow-up actions from Board and Association meetings;
• Develop new initiatives, with input and guidance of the Board, to further MACCEA objectives;
• Manage the content of the MACCEA website;
• Proactively initiate and maintain regular communications with the 12-member Executive Board;
• Work with the Executive Board to implement MACCEA’s Strategic Plan;
• Research funding sources, including sponsorships, grants, etc.;
• Work directly with county clerks and election directors to address concerns, answer questions,
and support them in their offices; and,
• Exhibit knowledge and expertise in the content areas of county government for which county
clerks and election directors are responsible.
Procedure for Applying: Submit electronic copies of a current resume, qualifications, and references, together with a cover letter indicating interest in the position to Shane Schoeller, Board President, and Kara Clark Summers, Board 1st Vice President, at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 19, 2021.